Protecting Our Visitors
At JORDAN'S FURNITURE we believe in the importance of your privacy and strive to manage your personal information in accordingly.
Notice and Scope of Our Privacy Practices
Our Pledge of Accountability
Jordan's Furniture instructs its associates and business partners to manage your personal information properly and maintain your trust. We are accountable for complying with this policy and take reasonable and timely steps to ensure compliance.
- What personal data we collect, when, and from what sources.
- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
- Tools to manage how we collect, use, and share your information.
- How you can contact us.
Information We Collect
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. We collect personal information about you using lawful and fair methods. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection. The following are categories of personal information we may collect about you.
|Categories||Examples (without limitation)||Processing Purposes|
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||Email, Password, Phone Number, Internet Protocol Address, Real Name, Alias, Postal Address, Unique Personal Identifier, Account Name, or other similar identifiers||
|B. Commercial Information||Records of products and experiences purchased or offered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, including information about you obtained from third parties.|| |
|C. Biometric Information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, and sleep, health, or exercise data (retained through our Sleep Lab).|| |
|D. Internal or Network Activity||Browsing history, search history, information on an individual’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. Network and device related information. Social media integration.||
|E. Geolocation Information||Specific location data of individuals who consent to providing such data|| |
|F. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information||Profile reflecting your preferred communities and interests, purchasing or consuming characteristics.|| |
How You Give Us Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Jordan's Furniture, both in stores and online. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on our website.
- Make an online or in-store purchase from us.
- Use our wishlist.
- Apply for credit or pay Jordan's Furniture by check.
- Request customer service or contact us.
- Submit a Jordan's Furniture related story or testimonial.
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
- Otherwise submit personal information to us.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies, affiliates, or other service providers if you apply for credit or purchase certain financial products.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our website, email, and online advertising. Our purpose is to enable the website to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. For example:
- We may collect technical information such as your Internet protocol address, your computer's operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages.
- We use "cookies" to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
We operate cameras in stores for security and operational purposes, such as to measure traffic patterns. When used for operational purposes, we do not use these cameras to identify you personally.
Location Based Services
We may use Location Based Services (LBS) to understand traffic patterns in venues. The location data we capture helps us to understand venues, such as how long customers stand in line and how they generally move around an area, enhancing operational efficiency and improving user experience.
If you choose to use our Wi-Fi technology, we may track location analytics. To collect the data, we allow a third-party provider to use a technology that senses the presence of smartphones. Certain device information, like device ID and location, is collected.
We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors under the age of 13. We encourage families to obtain additional information about safe use of the Internet at https://www.ftc.gov/. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that any of your children has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How We Use Your Information
Jordan's Furniture uses your information to provide requested products and services and to support core business functions. These include fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests.
- To register and service your account.
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions.
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls.
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, website, and advertising.
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
- With regard to credit qualification and applications.
How We Share Your Information Outside Jordan's Furniture
Jordan's Furniture does not sell or rent your personal information, including sensitive personal information, to third parties. We may share your personal information, whether you are a current or former customer, for a "business purpose" and not for “valuable consideration” (as defined under California law), under the following limited circumstances:
We may share information about you with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, furniture protection vendors, credit card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our website. We require these service providers and suppliers to keep the information secure. We also prohibit them from using your information for any purposes other than those requested by us.
If you apply for a Jordan's Powercharge credit card or our supplemental program, we share your information with the financial institution(s) that we partner with to offer the credit card. Our partner(s) may only use the information you give to us to provide credit.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or that the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Jordan's Furniture, our customers, our associates, or any other person. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers or addressing crimes committed on Jordan's Furniture property. Data from in-store security cameras may also be provided to law enforcement upon written request.
Based only on your express consent, we may share information with carefully selected vendors who may offer you products and services of interest. You may opt-in to this sharing under the "Your Choices" section below. Our marketing data sharing is limited, and does not include information which may be obtained from Jordan’s Furniture Alerts short code program, including opt-in and messaging.
We may share aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you personally. We may do this for research and marketing purposes, for instance to describe our services to prospective partners or advertisers, and for other lawful purposes.
In the unlikely event that Jordan's Furniture or substantially all of its assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your Choice: Marketing Preferences
We want to communicate with you in ways you find useful. Examples are special offers and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
By providing Jordan's Furniture with your email address, you are giving us permission to send you electronic communications. We will not rent, sell or give away your email address at any time. You may opt out of receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any correspondence we send.
You can update or change your marketing preferences by logging into your account or opt out directly here. Please note that it may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 30 days for your postal mail request.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Products and Services Communications
In order to keep customers informed of requests for Products or Services, Jordan’s will send recurring transactional messages for Product availability, Delivery and Service Scheduling. Message frequency varies.
The forms of communication are as follows:
- Phone Calls
- "Jordan's Furniture Alerts" Text Messages (Message and data rates may apply)
- Reply STOP to 53460 to cancel
- Reply HELP to 53460 for help
- Reply START to 53460 to receive Jordan’s Furniture Alerts
If you have any questions please call 866-856-7326.
Jordan's Furniture and carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
The above marketing preferences do not apply to our credit card offerings since these are provided through our financial institution partner(s). However, you can choose to stop receiving prescreened offers of credit from all companies, including our prescreened offers, by calling 1-866-750-0873.
Online Operations and Advertising
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our website without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies enable us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our website, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our web sites or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. Jordan’s Furniture has implemented reasonable physical and digital security measures to prevent unauthorized access to transmitted and stored Information. Our sites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We may change our hosting, storage and security procedures at any time without notice to you.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our offices or stores is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of private information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage of private information. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise made unreadable.
Privacy Protections for Specific Types of Information
We also protect the credit or debit card information we collect during transactions by adhering to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI Standards). These standards require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitors and tests of security systems, and information security policies.
Updating Personal Information
If you have provided us with Personal Information and would like to change, correct, or request access to your Personal Information, or would like to opt out of receiving e-mail or other communications from us, please contact us as described below.
Additional Rights for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA Rights"). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them
- Access to Your Personal Information and Portability. We will grant you reasonable access to the data that we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding 12 months as required by law. You may also be entitled to request copies of Personal Information that you have provided to us and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the Personal Information contained in your Account or contacting us as described below. We may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If an update or correction of your Personal Information is not possible, please contact us as described below.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you or fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, if the information’s deletion may seriously impair such research’s achievement, and subject that you have previously provided informed consent.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to Opt Out of Disclosure of Personal Information for Valuable Consideration. We do not sell your Personal Information.
Except as provided above, we will delete, aggregate, or de-identify all of your Personal Information as described in this subsection within the timeframes required by law.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights When exercising the rights or options described in this Policy, the following guidelines apply:
- No Fee Usually Required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if it is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
- What We May Need from You . We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request.
- Time to Respond and Format. We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response to your Account (if applicable); otherwise, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt or will explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
No Discrimination. You will not be subject to discrimination as a result of exercising the rights described herein. In some cases, we will be unable to comply with your request due to legal obligations or otherwise. Our response will not be the result of discrimination and you will be provided with our reasons for declining your request.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf, subject to mailing us a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about this policy or about the ways your information is handled. You can contact us online or via the address below:
ATTENTION: VP of eCommerce or SVP of IS
450 Revolutionary Drive
East Taunton, MA 02718
Last Updated and Effective 8/11/2021